About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister & a friend ... To many I have a SIMPLE existence - in reality, I am on an EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY ... I found my soul - mate, I have the priviledge of loving & raising 3 unique young men, I was given life by 2 amazing parents, I am the sibling of my polar opposite & yet my other half, & I have been given the incredible gift of more true friends than one one person could possibly deserve ... Simple? YES! Extraordinary? FOR CERTAIN! Life is a journey...Lots of stumbles, even some falls --- But I believe the JOY is in the JOURNEY...Join Me & Welcome to my new realm of EXTRAORIDNARY FRIENDS...In order to find the JOY you have to BEGIN the WALK --- Let's GO ---

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mom Oh Mom

Well, my Mother's Day post is a bit late ... Oh well --- Been Busy being a Mom so I guess that is a good enough excuse!

First & foremost Happy Mother's Day to all Moms ... It is a job that holds the most possisbilities.  I am lucky enough to call my Mom Mama.  She is like no other.  Kind, Amazing, Strong are all immediate ways to describe her.  It is only now after 37 years of being her daughter do I know the secret of motherhood.  Simply speaking I was designed to be her kid!  Ever wonder why the actions or attitudes of other children annoy or worry you?  Probably why God gave them to different parents!  Now my Mom has much to offer --- She also has been known to expect much ...

Case in point, most of you know I lost my Dad recently.  Mom without even trying used cancer, big decisions & the loss of her soul mate as teaching moments.  "It is okay to be sad, but we will not use our last days on this Earth with your Dad hysterical," she reminded me.  "If your Dad is calm & content, we are calm & content," she insisted.  "I love him deeply enough to let him go," she comforted. 

Sometimes expectations seem out of our reach.  Maybe that is the job of mothering.  Encouraging, Challenging & Willing to Celebrate and Pick Up the Pieces.  Maybe another kid couldn't have live up to Mom's expectations --- I have ... She taught me I am stronger than I think, wiser than I believe & that I am always enough!!!

My example of mothering is better than most ... I am most proud of the mothering I have done so far!  Raising perfect children - I am not ... Being a perfect Mom - I am not ... What I do is ENCOURAGE, CHALLENGE, CELEBRATE & STAND BESIDE ... At the end of my days I will know that like my Mom I was present in the Good, the Bad & the In Between ...

Thank You, Mom ... I am a better person because of YOU, I will always try to be the person YOU believe me to be, and at the end of the day, like YOU, I will know JOY!!!

love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment