About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister & a friend ... To many I have a SIMPLE existence - in reality, I am on an EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY ... I found my soul - mate, I have the priviledge of loving & raising 3 unique young men, I was given life by 2 amazing parents, I am the sibling of my polar opposite & yet my other half, & I have been given the incredible gift of more true friends than one one person could possibly deserve ... Simple? YES! Extraordinary? FOR CERTAIN! Life is a journey...Lots of stumbles, even some falls --- But I believe the JOY is in the JOURNEY...Join Me & Welcome to my new realm of EXTRAORIDNARY FRIENDS...In order to find the JOY you have to BEGIN the WALK --- Let's GO ---

Friday, May 13, 2011

SURPRISE...

Today I was a part of a SURPRISE!!!  We had an early Surprise Birthday Luncheon for one of my best friends ... Turning 40 is FABULOUS - but what is more FABULOUS is the look on someone's face when they are covered up with affection.  We did that today!

I have been very blessed in the friend department.  I had a wonderful best friend when I was very little.  Bea J & I toddled around together and for years traveled to new places when our Dads' got transferred.  Bea J died when we were in college.  Her death was my first experience with loss.  I think of her often & love knowing my Dad has one of his girls close. 

I moved to Columbia and started the 1st grade.  Easy to make friends when you are 6,  I know.  But I can say I made friends at 6, moved away & still treasure them.  We once upon a time called ourselves the Purple Ladies ... Remeber that, Shelley, Kristine, Greer, Leigh & Karen?  Makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

My Mom & Dad did the unthinkable ... We moved in MIDDLE SCHOOL.  Still not sure I am over the shock of that one ... Friends were a tad slower going at that point ... But my luck hadn't run out.  Christy, Becky, Jac, Trina, and more turned up and stayed.  High school added Misty, Michelle, Dana and many more.  And then it was time for another change --- College ... Welcome, Meredith College.  What was I to find there ... Christy, Holly, Nikki, Ashley - just to name a few.  And these aren't just girlfriends of my past.  Not a day goes by that I don't hear or touch base with one or more of these sweet creations.

Graduation, Move, Marriage --- Bring in Shannon, Ann, Jennifer, and Kara.  We married, become Moms, sent our hearts to Preschool ... We celebrated 1st birthdays, we walked fussy babies, we got through some pretty long days ... Hello, Kindergarten ... Mitchell, Brown & William made new friends & guess what so did I ... Shannon, Kim, Sonya, Allison, Kristy, Dee, Dora, Tracy, Kim, Julie, Cindy, Heather, Brandon, & some many, many more ... And these girls have seen me through K - 5, business scares, moves & losing my Dad ... You haven't seen a friend until one pulls up at the exact moment you begin to lose yourself.  She is the one who takes your hand and brings you back and she is willing to do it as many times as you need her to.

Now above is just the tip of the iceburg ... and I am not sure how I got so lucky!  And maybe lucky is not the right word --- Thankful is more what I feel.  Friends are the Family you get to choose.  I think I have chosen better than most and I am always looking.  Not to replace --- Not in my world ... My very favorite thing is too have all my girlfriends from all walks of my life together.  If I were to design my BEST day ... All my GIRLFRIENDS would be in the very same room, laughing, telling stories & learning to love more & more...

If you are my friend & you all know who you are (and it for certain isn't only the few names above - they simply go with the flow of my tale) Be certain of a few things ... You are cherished, You are celebrated, You will forever have someone at your side ... I love you, GIRLS --- Each & EVERY ONE of YOU!!!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Shannon ... It is your Special Occasion & Yet YOU are the GIFT!!!

Celebrate Your Friends TODAY ... Take Care of Your Friends TODAY ... Be Thankful for your FRIENDS TODAY ...

love, me & my many friends ....

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet!!! Glad you all had a great time today!!! She was so surprised!!!! Thanks for making her 40th special!!!
    Christy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never felt so loved in all my life! There is not a gift in the world worth more than you gave me today. You are precious to me and I can't imagine what life would be without you!! Oh yeah, look out!! You're next :)

    ReplyDelete