About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister & a friend ... To many I have a SIMPLE existence - in reality, I am on an EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY ... I found my soul - mate, I have the priviledge of loving & raising 3 unique young men, I was given life by 2 amazing parents, I am the sibling of my polar opposite & yet my other half, & I have been given the incredible gift of more true friends than one one person could possibly deserve ... Simple? YES! Extraordinary? FOR CERTAIN! Life is a journey...Lots of stumbles, even some falls --- But I believe the JOY is in the JOURNEY...Join Me & Welcome to my new realm of EXTRAORIDNARY FRIENDS...In order to find the JOY you have to BEGIN the WALK --- Let's GO ---

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who Are You?

Days like this are the reason why people live in North Carolina ... I was driving home a little while ago on a nondescript road that I drive a zillion times a week --- And I SMILED!  The grass is an amazing green & the sky was picture perfect & I actually thought to myself, "Heaven cannot be any prettier!"

Well, I am sure Heaven is perfectly amazing as is the One who created it.  And with that same amazing creation He created each of us.  Tall - Short, Skinny - Not so Skinny, Book Smart - Commom Sense Smart ... Each perfectly designed for His purpose...

Today was the 3rd day of End of the Grade testing for my fellows.  Tired, Stessed, Not feeling their Smartest --- All attributes of such testing.  Well, this morning the "Common Sense" Mom made an appearance.  You see in the last 24 hours I have been reminded of the importance of LIFE ... Not complicated matters - Simple things ... such as LOVE, RESPECT & KINDNESS ...

So how did this "Common Sense" Mothering come across ... A few helpful hints to 3 Grumpy Fellows---
  1. In life no one is all that interested in whether or not you were an A student or a C student ... Rather - How do you use your talents to make this world a better place?
  2. In life no one is ever going to ask you if you had trouble ''bubbling" on a standarized answer sheet ... Rather - Did you go in believing in yourself, Did you try your best?
  3. In life no one is keeping a score card on how many times you got it right the 1st time ... Rather - How many times did you fail & try again?
"Ok, Boys ... Enough is Enough --- It is a simple test ... Put a Smile on your face, Be Thankful, Listen, Try ... And then Let It Be!!!," said a very WISE Mom!

And then the very same WISE Mom thought, "How am I doing?"  So I SMILED, I am THANKFUL for it ALL (good & not so good), I LISTENED, and I will TRY --- To LOVE ALWAYS, To RESPECT EVERYONE & To Let KINDNESS be my 1st Response ...

A Standardized Test meant to Test our Children ... Maybe, Just Maybe We All Just PASSED ...

love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment