About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister & a friend ... To many I have a SIMPLE existence - in reality, I am on an EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY ... I found my soul - mate, I have the priviledge of loving & raising 3 unique young men, I was given life by 2 amazing parents, I am the sibling of my polar opposite & yet my other half, & I have been given the incredible gift of more true friends than one one person could possibly deserve ... Simple? YES! Extraordinary? FOR CERTAIN! Life is a journey...Lots of stumbles, even some falls --- But I believe the JOY is in the JOURNEY...Join Me & Welcome to my new realm of EXTRAORIDNARY FRIENDS...In order to find the JOY you have to BEGIN the WALK --- Let's GO ---

Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Official ... Living Well is Not About Knowing it All ...

My "baby" turned 11 yesterday ... The year was 2000 - We were moving into our 2nd house, I had been a wife for 3 years, a daughter for 27 years and thought of myself as grounded, prepared & an all around good person...How could I not be a good mom?  I had/have a good mom, I had dreamed of being of mom forever & in fact had spent the last year taking temperatures, having not so pleasant procedures & taking medicines that didn't always bring out the best in me ... And on the Saturday before Easter of 2000 my precious gift entered the world & granted my heart true love!

I tell you all this because yesterday I realized that though I have survived the sleepless nights, the impossible bed times, the picky eating ... I still don't know much --- The fears of the 1st year have been replaced with the uncertainty of middle school, the line of when do you let them try & fail & how do I help him appreciate his God given talents ...

I am lucky not just my 1 son, but the other 2 that joined him, are teaching me ... I am a good Mom --- Not because I know it all ... I do know a lot --- I know I yell, I know I expect a lot, I know I can not be everything to everyone all of the time ... and yet I feel we do communicate, I feel they strive to be their best, & I feel enjoyed!!!

My thoughts today are not about perfection - Who cares really? And who is the score - keeper? A kiss good night, A chuckle at a joke that wasn't funny, A hand through a sloppy pony - tail ... That is LIVING WELL!

It seems that this not so perfect mom is doing pretty well mothering 3 not so perfect kids ... I would say that makes us in fact PERFECT...

Today --- Cut yourself some slack ... Easter Dinner - Ham Sandwiches count, Family Time - a drive to Game Stop, counts ... Perfection is not NEAT, ORDERLY, or WELL PLANNED ... It is LOVE, LAUGHTER & LIVING WELL ...

ENJOY ... Imperfection is a GIFT!!!

love, me

1 comment: