About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister & a friend ... To many I have a SIMPLE existence - in reality, I am on an EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY ... I found my soul - mate, I have the priviledge of loving & raising 3 unique young men, I was given life by 2 amazing parents, I am the sibling of my polar opposite & yet my other half, & I have been given the incredible gift of more true friends than one one person could possibly deserve ... Simple? YES! Extraordinary? FOR CERTAIN! Life is a journey...Lots of stumbles, even some falls --- But I believe the JOY is in the JOURNEY...Join Me & Welcome to my new realm of EXTRAORIDNARY FRIENDS...In order to find the JOY you have to BEGIN the WALK --- Let's GO ---

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Think I will Just Appreciate 37 Years...

So, as of last weekend I now am the proud mother of 2 boys in "double digits", I had an interesting moment with a doctor in which I realized that I take much better care of everyone else than I do of myself, I have admitted that even with the "good care" boys & dogs end up sick & hurt ... and last but not least it is true --- the wrinkles have appeared, the # on the scale seems stuck & I am not 20 something ...

What does all of this mean?  Something different than you may think ... Maybe the  last year has indeed brought me to a better place.  My boys are growing & watching that process is amazing --- The babies are becoming young men and I now am starting to realize that this growth spurt is even more exciting than the 1st steps.  Poison ivy & a hawk on the hunt are part of a normal every day life in my household --- Instead of fretting I simply remembered to say Thank You to a Doctor I adore, Thank You to a Pharmarcist I am lucky to call my friend, and Thank You to a Vet who made a difference in the lives of 2 special dogs. 

And as for the wrinkles ... They come from laughter and love --- the scale ... Well that comes from too much of a good thing & not enough miles run ...

But today I am looking at things a little differently --- A while back I realized that we laugh in situations that are often not funny simply because it is the only way to catch our breath ... The laugh lines are proof that whenever life handed me the impossible I found the energy, courage & strength to take a deep breathe.  And as for the number on the scale - that is just part of the journey ... I will take a walk today, be proud of myself for going a whole week without a Diet Coke & then later I am going to have dinner with girlfriends & enjoy every last bite ...

Today's message seems to ramble ... But ramble is what it is all about --- Be HAPPY today, Feel YOUNG today, Know that you are BEAUTIFUL ... YOU are YOU ...and it is ENOUGH, it is WORTHY & YOU should CELEBRATE...

Permission Given --- April 6, 2011 is a GIFT ... Unwrap & ENJOY

Love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment