About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister & a friend ... To many I have a SIMPLE existence - in reality, I am on an EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY ... I found my soul - mate, I have the priviledge of loving & raising 3 unique young men, I was given life by 2 amazing parents, I am the sibling of my polar opposite & yet my other half, & I have been given the incredible gift of more true friends than one one person could possibly deserve ... Simple? YES! Extraordinary? FOR CERTAIN! Life is a journey...Lots of stumbles, even some falls --- But I believe the JOY is in the JOURNEY...Join Me & Welcome to my new realm of EXTRAORIDNARY FRIENDS...In order to find the JOY you have to BEGIN the WALK --- Let's GO ---

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just Where We Are Supposed To Be...

Happy Sunday ... It was indeed a WONDERFUL weekend ... Not like I imagined it would be ---

Friday afternoon the boys and I hit the road to head to Mom's (still not used to the Mom's ... in my heart it will always be Mom & Dad's).  Now in the past months my car has practically been on auto pilot for that stretch of road.  And Friday was no different in that I had a sickening pit in my stomach.  You see I have now driven that road on my way to meet surgeons, to see the aftermath of a hemmorage, to see what a trach looks and sounds like, to experience the effects of chemo & radiation, to meet the Hospice nurse, to say good -bye & now to visit Mom's not Mom & Dad's...  But like each & every other trip I strapped in, drove a little fast, prayed a lot & in the end faced it --- This weekend was the same...

Home was still Home ... I didn't buckle or fall apart ... I rested and let Home heal as only Home can do ...

And in the midst of the healing I became an Aunt!  That is right my Baby Brother is now a Dad ... And isn't it just like my Dad to make an event out of a not so welcoming experience.  I was where I needed to be - I was where my Mom needed me - I was where my Dad needed me!

Healing from the Great Healer occured.  I went home, Mom cried tears of JOY, my brother became a Dad, a Baby Girl showed us LIFE ...

Home is a place that sometimes sadness happens, but it we have built our HOMES on Joy, Family, Faith & Goodness they can withstand any storm.  My parents were successful in that ... I will be successful in that ...

My days on this Earth will be spent making a HOME --- and I don't mean building bigger or decorating better --- I mean I will be Building Stronger and Covering in LOVE ...

Home can Heal --- But the Bones MUST be STRONG ...

Give thanks today for the Bones of your Home & know that no matter the current condition of those bones - Today you can start BUILDING BETTER...

Love a very thankful me...

No comments:

Post a Comment